Monday, August 8, 2011

A little bit of sewing!

Have you ever wanted that PREFECT purse? You know, the one that is the prefect size, the prefect color, and most importantly had the RIGHT length of strap? You would think that you could walk into most stores and walk straight to the ladies accessory isle and ta-da! there it is! The RIGHT one!

Well....maybe YOU can. But I never did. Don't get me wrong, there are some really CUTE purses out there. But I never could quite find that RIGHT one. You know the one that is the perfect size, the perfect...oh wait, I already went over that!

Here is how I fixed that problem. WAY before now...in fact before we moved from the US, I found one of those cute FAT quarters at JoAnne Fabrics. It had my name written on it...THIS IS FOR EMILY! Ok, well not the name part. But it was just the COLOR I wanted!

And I packed it along with 200,000 other things to go to Trinidad. And there it sat for a grand total of 6 months! Yes, it sure did me a lot of good that way! haha!

Then Lydia showed me a link that had a TON of options for any bag you wanted! WOW! So now what? How do you choose? So I looked...and then exited the page and life went on. In the mean time...I still did not have that PERFECT purse. So I had to do the inevitable. I had to make a choice. This time I looked through....and found the RIGHT one! YAY!

And then I did NOTHING! Yeah....it's really sad.

But once again....IT HAD TO BE DONE! I downloaded my pattern, figured out what I needed washed my fabric....and began THE purse.

I had fun! It was cool to see how the different colors went together with the WILD lining that I chose. But you known what? Yep, you're right. It was the PERFECT purse! It was the perfect size, the perfect color, AND had the RIGHT length of strap! And I even invented a really COOL zipper pull for the tiny tiny zipper that I used! Yes! It was finally done!

So here it is. I used this pattern for the bag, and this pattern for the pouches that I made to go inside.

(If the links don't work...let me know and I'll fix it!)

THE fabric....with my name on it!

One side of the purse....

and the other side of the purse!

The inside....with the BRIGHT yellow lining.

My invented (and really easy) zipper pull!

The three pouches that I made to match...since I put no pockets inside.

And the other side of the pouches!

AND... DONE! The purse of my dreams...well, for the moment that is! ;)

(until I find another piece(s) of fabric that needs to be made into a purse!)

2 comments:

  1. Great Work, Emily! It IS perfect...perfectly you and so bright and pretty too! Love you sweet girl.
    xoxo
    Mrs. Debbie

    ReplyDelete