Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Clouds

Far clouds of feathery gold,
Shaded with deepest purple, gleam
Like islands on a dark blue sea.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

I saw two clouds at morning
Tinged by the rising sun,
And in the dawn they floated on
And mingled into one.
~John Gardiner Calkins Brainard

A cloudless plain blue sky is like a flowerless garden. ~Terri Guillemets


The clouds, - the only birds that never sleep. ~Victor Hugo


Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than thou. Job 35:5

Were I a cloud I'd gather
My skirts up in the air,
And fly well know whither,
And rest I well know where.
~Robert Seymour Bridges

Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
Psalm 36:5

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Emily! Love your pictures, your quotes and the scriptures...and you sweet girl! xoxo
    Mrs. Debbie

    ReplyDelete