Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new.

(This was written last Wednesday the 10th of Nov. Posting is a bit late due to some internet problems.)

I have not blogged in a long time. My reason? Well I could say that I was too busy (and it would be true) but I use that for far too many excuses. So the real reason is that we have moved. Yep. We did. And it was not across town, or within the state, or even within the U.S. It was across the ocean to a small Island named Trinidad. The nation is actually called The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. There are two islands one is Trinidad (the larger one) and Tobago (the smaller one). We are located at the bottom of the chain of the Caribbean Islands. We are actually really close to Venezuela, South America. It warm here all year long as we are only about 10 off the equator.

We arrived yesterday after 3 flights that went really well. I’m now sitting in my new living room typing this and listening to all the new sounds that I have to learn what are.

Our house is really nice. We have plenty of room for all our stuff (or we hope so) and today we plan on unpacking some things. There is a nice kitchen, a dining room and living room area, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a sink area outside the hall bath, a computer/school/study room and a back porch. There is also a down stairs area that is where the cars are stored and also a bathroom (that needs a lot of work). We have a small garden area, a lime tree and some other small trees that we’ll have to figure out what are. The house came with two dogs, Cheyenne and Buster. Cheyenne is part Doberman and part German Shepherd and Buster is…is Buster. He is a random mix of something. (I’ll have pictures soon so come back and check again.)

I hope to Blog often about this new chapter in my life. This is such an exciting time! I have always wanted to live in Trinidad and also be in the mission field. I’m looking forward to this time and hope that I can help one person get to heaven.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I like the part about the lime tree and the other trees! It think it'll be real pretty by the time we are done!:)

    ReplyDelete