Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Reflections

Today was our second Sunday here in Trinidad. As I was traveling with my family to services I got to thinking about some of the different things here versus in the U. S. In America most families (including us) have more than one vehicle. But not here. This is how today went. We all got ready to go to services and instead of going down stairs and getting in a van, we went out of our gate and started walking. We walked for oh, maybe a quarter of a mile (maybe more) to the round-a-bout. There we hardly waited any and flagged down a Maxi Taxi. We all piled in and rode to the building, paid our fare and had a wonderful worship time with the brethren.

That has become normal for us every time we want to go anywhere that we can’t walk. We are planning on getting a vehicle that will transport us, but I am thankful for this time of non-independent transportation. It really makes one count the blessing of having your own transportation. I know that there are some people here that have to travel everywhere they go just the same way as we did this morning. Knowing this makes me appreciate having a car (or more than one) of my own in a different way. We are all so blessed. Yet sometimes we don’t even know it.

So, as you ride around in your car, be thankful you are among the blessed of this world that has one.

On a totally different note, we are all settled in now and school has started for the younger ones. We are getting into the swing of going to the open market and getting our weekly veggies and some of our meat. We still have to go to High-Lo to get milk, butter and other various items. We have had the pleasure already to have some guests in our home. We hope that will continue even more so in the months to come. I have personally enjoyed the time of reuniting with old friends that I have not seen in many months or even years.

In the next week or so I hope to start my garden and do some planting of plants in our many pots, inside and out. We have been enjoying limes from our tree and I’m hoping that we will plant a Paw Paw (Papaya)) tree as well. I hope to post some pictures of our house and yard this week.

Have a great day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment